We have been providing training workshops and events for several years now. In fact, many clients who choose Pharos to support them during incidents also ask us to provide training – and vice versa. We are running so much training now that we wanted to benchmark it to ensure that it continues to meet professional standards. That is why we have decided to get our training courses accredited by the CPD Certification Service. The first two training courses are currently being accredited and we hope to get the remainder accredited in due course too.
So what does this mean?
Our client organisations can be assured that Pharos Response courses are externally accredited against professional training standards. Training and development promotes a healthy learning culture for your organisation, leading to a more fulfilled workforce and retaining valuable staff. Many organisations also have staff with CPD obligations through professional body membership.
Perhaps even more importantly, CPD helps individuals to regularly focus on developing their own competence. Training increases confidence and overall capability and helps enable individuals to adapt positively to their organisation’s needs. CPD also helps provide a clear commitment to self-development and, upon successful completion at one of Pharos’ accredited courses, delegates will receive a recognised Certificate of Attendance to attach to their own CPD log as evidence (particularly important for anyone with membership to a professional body).
What training does Pharos provide?
An example of the training courses and workshops we have provided in the last 12 months are listed below. Most of our training courses are tailored to our clients needs and are run ‘in-house’, and are very practical. Naturally, we’d be delighted to put you in touch with one of our satisfied clients.
- Offsite Safety Management – certified by the Royal Geographical Society
- Strategic incident management
- Desktop simulation training for senior management teams
- Crisis media spokesperson
- Educational Visits Coordinator training
- Educational visit leader training
- Basic safeguarding
- Advanced safeguarding for Designated Safeguarding Leads/Officers
- Crisis simulation for travel companies and adventure activity providers
- Security and safety preparedness training for volunteers travelling overseas