Pharos provides schools with a dedicated 24/7 helpline so staff can speak directly to incident management specialists for immediate advice and support. Whether on a trip to London and caught up in a terrorist event, involved in a coach crash during an offsite visit, an intruder with a knife on your school site, a serious self-harm incident or anything else that may keep you awake at night, our team will be able to help.
We will help you through the vital early incident stages, reducing the impact on the people involved and the reputation of your school or MAT. Our incident managers can quickly provide access to PR and communications professionals, social media experts, trauma counsellors, security, operational and health & safety professionals. All just a call away: potentially life-saving, probably reputation protecting.
We know the likelihood of critical incidents happening is slight and the cost of being sufficiently prepared for anything 24/7 is prohibitive for schools. This is why we set Pharos Response up. You simply pay a low-level, discounted annual retainer and our team will be there if ever you need them.
Benefits to your school/MAT
- Peace of mind that help will be available when you really need it, even during school holidays
- 24/7 access to specialist critical incident expertise
- Enhanced duty of care for your staff and pupils
- Help defuse a situation to help prevent it from becoming a crisis
- Reduced likelihood of complaints and claims from disgruntled staff and parents
- Help with drafting media statements and coaching on how to handle them
- Social media listening and support
- Support with handling high volume of inbound calls from worried parents, media etc.
- Specialist, proactive second opinion advice and guidance on school trip safety and risk management.
In addition to schools, we also provide this service for a large number of school tour operators, adventure businesses, travel companies, charity challenge organisers, and even the Government’s National Citizen Service nationwide.
Annual retainer to access this 24/7 service costs just £1.35 per pupil on roll. Inclusive incident management time is capped depending on the number of pupils after which time this is charged at an hourly rate.
If you’d like to discuss how our 24/7 incident response service can be implemented in your school/s, please get in touch.