Congratulations to African Adventures Foundation
The team at African Adventure Foundation undertook the Isle of Wight Challenge with the target of raising over £12,000 to support school food security programmes in Kenya. Congratulations to the team for achieving their target with the majority of the team completing the full course.
We were proud to support them through our gap year support brand, TravelAid, who sponsored them as they walked either 25km, 54km or 106km around the Isle of Wight. The ultra challenge, organised by Action Challenge, took place over the May Bank Holiday weekend and involved a lot of steep coastal paths with the benefits of beautiful vistas hopefully making up for the blisters and sore legs. In their own words the challenge included:
- 106km covered
- 2000m elevation over the two days
- 22 hours of walking
- 24 hours in total to complete the challenge
- Very little sleep
- LOTS of tears and blisters!
The teams’ t-shirts featured TravelAid but we’re pleased to say that they didn’t need our assistance during their challenge! Action Challenge is also a client of Pharos Response, so we’re delighted to see this event was such a success with so many people taking part and crucially such a huge sum of money raised for charities.
The money that they raised means:
- 9 Kenyan partner schools receiving support with their food security programmes
- 1350 children receiving 2 meals per day for 7 months
- 1350 children not going hungry and who can concentrate at school because they have food in their tummies
- Hundreds of families receiving some relief because their children are being fed
You can find out more about how they did on their website. https://www.african-adventures.co.uk/isle-of-wight-ultra-challenge/