Crisis spokesperson course for school leaders
Thursday 23rd March
How well prepared are you to face the media in the event of a critical incident?
Crisis Spokesperson Course for Headteachers, senior leaders, Chair of Governors or anyone who may be called upon to face the cameras following a critical incident or crisis.
How well prepared is your school spokesperson to face the media in the event of a critical incident? Talking to the press when the reputation of your school is on the line is a very different experience to conducting a good news interview. Simply declining interviews when the spotlight falls prevents you from being able to control the messaging and often looks like you have something to hide.
The Pharos crisis spokesperson training course will explain the vital role of the spokesperson, provide practical advice and offer highly valuable experience of conducting live interviews with journalists to-camera, by phone and via Zoom. The training will be based around a simulated school scenario for you to plan and deliver your responses.
“I highly recommend that senior leaders participate in this training. None of us know when/if we will have to face the media following a critical incident. This course gives good practical advice and experience.” Shirley Drummond, Headteacher, St Helen’s College.
- 0930-1630 near Kings Cross, London
- Thursday 23rd March
- Suitable for senior leaders who may need to represent the school in the media following an incident
- Limited to max. 10 delegates to ensure quality training experience
- £385+VAT (lunch included)
- Role of the spokesperson in the wider crisis team
- Case studies and taking the human approach
- Reviewing media statements
- Interviews – types and how to prepare
- Drafting your key messages and Q&As
- Practice interviews with journalists – to camera, via phone and Zoom
You will also benefit from:
- Delegate handbooks with tools and templates
- Your to-camera interviews emailed via WeTransfer
- Excellent CPD and vital skills
- Delegate certificates
The session will be facilitated by Chris Gallant, one of the two Pharos founders and a crisis communication expert.
Experts in risk, reputation and crisis management, Pharos Response provides services to prevent, prepare for and respond to critical incidents for the education, youth, travel and adventure sectors.
Book a space now. Simply click this link to register your interest and we will be in touch with more details, to collect payment and confirm your space.