Schools Operations Administrator (part-time) – Wokingham town centre
Are you super-organised with a fastidious attention to detail and also happy to chat with our clients on the telephone or by email (without making typos and using text-speak)? The sort of person who digs that little bit deeper to get the job done when needed? If you are and you’re looking to work within school hours (9am-3pm) in Wokingham, please read on…
If you can back this up with a minimum of two years’ successful administration/PA experience and are confident using Microsoft Office or Google Suite applications, then we’d love to hear from you. Oh, and if you have worked in a school or within an organisation serving the education sector then you’re bound to bowl us over!
We’re a small team making a big impact on a rapidly increasing number of clients, helping them to prevent, prepare for and respond to major incidents in the UK and overseas. Our clients include the government’s National Citizen Service (NCS), leading independent schools, Multi Academy Trusts and well-known brands across the youth, adventure, travel and charity challenge sectors.
Our small but lovely office in central Wokingham is home to our full-time staff but we also work closely with a wide range of pretty amazing people with specialist experience who are based regionally.
If you’re still ticking all the boxes then you could be our new team member, fulfilling a vital role to coordinate our work with schools. You’ll be their first port of call for any day-to-day enquiries, usually linked to educational visits or training courses. You won’t be expected to have all the answers as you can get these from our team of specialists, but you will be the interface. You will also assist our Educational Visits Advisor and the wider Pharos team to deliver an exceptional service and support to schools.
- To provide existing and new client schools with a professional, efficient customer experience by email and telephone.
- To support our business operation for schools through administrative duties as outlined below while supporting the Educational Visits Advisor and wider Pharos team to deliver an exceptional service and support to schools.
- Supporting the Educational Visits Advisor (EVA) from the office while they are in schools or working remotely
- Ensuring that client support requests are swiftly actioned according to SLAs
- Coordinating the EVA’s diary and booking appointments with schools
- Communicating with school teachers and school managers by telephone and email
- Referring client software queries to a third-party software developer for resolution
- Liaising between client schools and the Pharos team to ensure tasks and services are completed according to SLAs
- Day-to-day school client communication and relationship-building
- Supporting marketing activity for new client schools
- Monitoring and updating the CRM and educational visits database
- Collating data for client monthly and other management information reports
- Organising logistics for school training, audits and events
- Drafting of web copy for blogs and other updates
- Helping to refine and develop internal systems and processes
Hours, remuneration and other details
- This is a part-time role (0.6) with a pro rata full-time equivalent salary of £22-23,000/year.
- The working hours can vary to suit a parent with children at school and whilst some school holiday work will be necessary, it will be flexible.
- Due to the nature of our clients’ work with children and the access to confidential personal data, the successful candidate will need to maintain professional confidentiality and will be required to conduct an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (police screening) check.
- To apply, please send your CV with covering email to email@example.com
- Closing date Friday 8th March with interviews in the week commencing 18th March
No agencies please